March 20, 2019
This week marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
The following areas of Infor OS Integration Platform as a Server (IPaaS) have been updated:
- Renamed page: The Document flows page in ION Desk is now renamed Data Flows. In ION Cloud Edition this page includes both document flows and data lake flows.
- Improved error message: When an error happens during activation of multiple data flows, the error message now shows which data flows failed to aid in troubleshooting any issues.
- Asynchronous activities: Asynchronous activities are no longer allowed to be modeled in the middle of Data Lake Flow.
- Improved document content view: The document content viewer in the Test function of an ION API connection point is now improved and consistent with other areas in ION Desk.
- Multiple starting points: In user-defined functions, you can now use multiple starting points consisting of constants. To accommodate this, the Deleting Function dialog and the Comments dialog were also improved.
- Version numbers: When you create a draft version, version numbers are no longer assigned that were previously used by a deleted approved version, to avoid problems when you navigate from OneView to a used mapping.
- Toast messages: Specific toast messages are removed and replace with standard error dialogs where appropriate.
- Placeholder: The placeholder TENANT_ID is added in the email body in the standard email_template.htm and is commented out. When this placeholder is enabled by removing the commenting tags, the tenant name is included in all email notifications, in the upper left corner of the email body. This placeholder can also be used in the customized email templates.
- Unsaved changes indicator: When editing a matrix in ION Desk Business Rules, an indicator about unsaved changes is now shown in the Versions widget.
Process Homepage Widgets
- Alarms widget: A new homepage widget named Alarms is now available. This widget allows users to define monitors on business events in Infor ION. Define the condition and receive an alert when the condition is met. ION Desk administrators control what data can be monitored via alarm templates.
- Page change: In Data Catalog, the standard and custom object schemas pages have been combined onto a single page called Object Schemas. Standard objects that are stored in the cloud registry are listed individually in the same way that the custom object schemas are. The functionality that existed within the separate pages has been carried over to the new page.
- Tiles: The Data Catalog is implementing the tiles view on the Object Schemas page. This is now the default display for the page. The option to switch to grid view is available on the button toolbar.
- Read-only page: The Data Catalog has added a new read-only page that allows users to view the details of an object schema. This page displays a data grid containing the list of properties included in the schema, along with some important information regarding each one. Search and filter capabilities are provided so that you can easily find the property, or set of properties, in which you are interested. Additionally, objects that contain properties that have been indexed for Infor Search include a column to indicate which of the properties have been indexed. Currently this feature is supported only for JSON and DSV objects.
- Query parameter: An optional query parameter is added to the GET /v1/object/list API. The new parameter is called “since” and allows users to specify a date/time. Running the API with this parameter retrieves a list of objects that have been updated since the provided value.
- Purge errors: On the Data Lake > Purge page, if an error occurs while purging data objects and the event is displayed on the Purge Logs panel, you can now click a row with an error status to see the error message and identify the cause of the error.
- Drill-down feedback: When you drill down from OneView to a mapping, feedback is now given when the mapping version or the whole mapping is deleted in the meantime.
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.33 Infor OS release for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.