March 15, 2019
This week marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
- Portal Bar: Infor OS is introducing an envelope icon where alerts, tasks, notifications, posts, and pending requests are displayed.
- Admin Settings:
- A new feature is added to modify what is displayed as the user menu in the portal bar.
- A new feature is added to redirect users to another page after they sign out.
- Infor Ming.le administrators can disable search. This hides the search bar from the portal.
- User Settings: Personal information such as nickname, office phone number, mobile number, location, and skills and expertise are used only for Chat and Social.
- Localization Settings: For localization settings, the System Default term was confusing for users. We revised the term to Your System Default and Your Browser Default.
- Security: A user with the DataAdministrator security role can now view the Metadata tab in User Management.
- Auditing and Monitoring: A new event type is added to the Monitoring Search: Failed Sign In.
- Importing API Suite:
- Icons can now be changed during the import process.
- The status of the API suite is now displayed to show if it is available to be imported.
- The overlay of the Editor has been updated to reflect SOHO standards.
- General settings: The “toast” messaging on the Delete, Add, and Download actions is improved.
- Target endpoints: URL validation is improved for target endpoints according to new URL standards.
- Exporting API Suite: API suites that are configured with ION API Bridge credentials are not exported.
- Authorized Apps and Mobile Applications: An option is added to launch the application from the browser.
- Security Role: Chat-GroupCreator is a new security role that enables you to create groups.
- We improved the look and feel for the right tray for attachments, direct mentions, search, and topic member directory.
- The teammate status is added to the teammate header.
- Direct Mentions: With the redesign of the right tray, direct mentions are now global rather than topic specific.
- Saved Messages: A new feature is introduced that enables users to save important messages across any group topic or teammate conversation.
- Archived Topics: In Search, archived topics are no longer searchable.
- Error Messages: Error messages are updated to provide more clarity on what the issue is.
- The user interface is updated for Tasks and Alerts spotlight widgets.
- The user interface is updated for the Activity Locator.
- Search: An endpoint to delete records by query is added.
- Skill List:
- We changed labels in the user interface to clarify the related concepts.
- An Availability filter is added.
- An option is added to refresh the current build or deployment.
- We added the ability to view the currently deployed version of the skill if it is not the latest skill version.
- The Skill List view is changed to a card-style user interface for the ColemanDA_User (basic user role).
- Add Skill: The success message upon partial saves is updated.
- Response Action: Graphs: A “graph example” option is added.
- Digital Assistant (general): Skills that are disabled are now immediately restricted from use, even before the Test and Deployed skill sets are fully updated.
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.31 Infor OS release for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.