November 5, 2018
This week marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
iPaaS (Infor ION)
- Connect: When viewing the contents of a message from the Active Connection Point page, you can now format the data for better readability.
- Connect: The usability of the Error BODs page was improved by enhancing the field sizes and spacing, and by aligning the data grid to other data grids in ION Desk.
- Mapper: In the Test tab of the mapping details page, you can now automatically compare the input and output. This is useful when your mapping updates some elements of the input document rather than creating a completely new document.
- Mapper: The export of mappings was optimized. The data is compressed. Additionally, the test data (which was accidentally included in previous releases) is not included anymore. This reduces the file size and increases the performance of the import. This is especially relevant when exporting a document flow that contains multiple mappings.
- Process: When distributing an alert, task or notification using the distribution from a parameter, you can now include a list of users (in addition to the existing options of using a specific user or group). For example, if the parameter value is “USERS(PersonID1;PersonID2)”, the alert, task or notification will be distributed to those two users. This enables dynamic distribution of tasks or notifications, for example when starting a workflow using the Process.Workflow BOD.
- Process: In the Activities page, you can now see the Context ID and SubContextID for tasks and notifications. For tasks and notifications from a workflow, these will contain the IDs of the workflow instance and the workflow step respectively. In the future the values can also be set when creating a task or notification through an API.
- Process Widget improvements:
- In the Workflow Viewer widget, the user pictures and user names from IFS are now shown for approvers in a Task Chain activity, when hovering over the icon having the number of approvers.
- In the Alert List, Task List and Notification List widgets, if the user has more than 200 alerts, tasks or notifications, a warning message is displayed because only 200 items are shown. If the user has more than the maximum, new items will not be shown automatically. in that case the user must close a few items to see other items, or refresh the list to check if new higher-priority items have arrived.
- In the Task List widget, a red label is now shown for tasks having high priority.
- The diagram in the Workflow Viewer widget is now cleared when no task or notification is selected anymore. This is done to avoid showing a diagram when the context of that diagram is not applicable anymore, for example because the notification was closed or the task for picked up by another user.
- Business Rules: In the Business Rules details page, you can copy a line from the matrix to a new line. This is useful for reusing part of the conditions in the new line.
- OneView: From the Advanced View in the OneView page, you can now export the data from 400 pages (10,000 events) to a single CSV file.
- Data Catalog: The “x-dateTimeFormat” schema header was introduced for JSON and DSV formats introducing a wider variety of custom date & time formats.
- Data Catalog: A new “record deletion” property was introduced for JSON and DSV formats. Applications can now indicate when a user, process, or tool has deleted a record from application as part of their data replication mechanism. This provides improved visibility for downstream applications to understand whether records remain current, active, or removed from a system of record.
- Data Catalog: The Data Catalog now supports “subtype” definitions to improve understanding of the data format. For “JSON” family types, a sub-type of “JSON Streaming” is indicated when the metadata of a schema is defined as being newline-delimited JSON. For “DSV” family types, the Data Catalog will further provide improved understanding about what delimiter is being used (e.g. CSV, TSV, PSV, etc.). Additionally, the sub-type of a schema can now be retrieved via Data Catalog APIs.
- Data Catalog: The Locale Selection page now checks whether the number of locale selections does not exceed 32. This is done to avoid problems because the the JDBC driver on Data Lake can only handle up to 32 locale selections.
- Mobile Apps improvements:
- The Alarms app now supports Mobile Device Management using AirWatch.
- The Ming.le and OneView apps now support tracking statistics. Note that you can opt out using the app if you don’t want to allow statistics tracking.
Data Services (Infor Data Lake)
- Object archiving via Data Lake storage policies has had its default setting updated to ‘OFF’ to improve archiving usability as well as ensuring data availability unless otherwise updated by a Data Lake administrator.
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.28 Infor OS for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.