October 24, 2018
This week marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
New Application in this update!
Infor Coleman Digital Assistant – This new application allows for a new innovative AI-powered (natural language processing (NLP)) for the extensibility of Infor and non-Infor applications. Using typed or spoken commands within the browser users can now interact with Infor Coleman to find information, make requests, and execute work in fast, natural forms of engagement. The Infor Coleman Digital Assistant redefines the UX patterns in enterprise software, and begins the journey towards a web & hands-free software experience.
The major features are:
- Persistent chat user (Coleman Digital Assistant)
- “Tap-to-talk” option within the Infor OS portal
- Citizen developer, self-service skill builder connected to the API Gateway
- Build, test, publish options for skill management
- Security integration through IFS and the API Gateway
User Experience Services
- Portal: New Zealand locale is added to the list of Infor supported locales.
- Portal: Moved Language, Locale, and Timezone to a new tab in User Settings called Localization Settings.
- Portal: When a user’s profile is hard deleted from IFS, all messages and post are deleted from the UI and personal information is removed. In that case, the Orphaned Data screen allows data administrators to download and delete messages and posts from the database if they wish to do so.
- Homepages: Homepages Administration is now opened inside Ming.le, instead of in a new browser tab. Using the quick access button in the Homepages Administration page header, Homepages can quickly be accessed again.
- Homepages: Widget Catalog now supports screenshots of standard widgets. This gives you the possibility to preview a widget before adding it to a page.
- Homepages: Added screenshots to Bookmarks widget. The screenshot is visible in widget details view in Widget Catalog.
- Homepages: The Image URL and Launch URL fields in the Image widget now have a 2048 character limit.
- Homepages: Clicking a link in the Menu widget now opens the link in a new browser tab with the URL editable. Previously, the link was opened in a new browser window in which the URL could not be edited.
- Document Management: Enhancements to the Related documents functionality which allows emailing document bundles from Related Information app and IDM email dialogue.
- Document Management: New section of the Document Type configuration where documents can be made secure based on attribute or property values.
- User Management: An initial profile image is created for users without an uploaded profile picture.
- User Management: Reminder to delegate tasks and alerts added to message prompt when a user is hard deleted.
- User Management: Search users with new Last Login filter
- Auditing and Monitoring: New Audit Transactions
- Account Locked
- Email Verified
- Account Activated by User
- Auditing and Monitoring: New views based on Security Role, Location, Accounting Entity, and Group
- Two Factor Authentication: Password Reset with MFA is now supported.
- Authorization Claim Value: Rename “Name” Field to “Authorization Claim Value”
- Federated Security: Default IFS User Lookup Field (Federated Security Page)
- Sessions: Allowed range for timeout limited to range of 5 to 470
- Roles: New role for Data Lake API, Proof of Delivery
- API Gateway: new fields are being logged; Message, CloudSuite ID, Environment Type, Timestamp, User ID, Service Account, Tenant ID, Run As tenant, IP Address, Hostname, Application ID, API Suite ID, API URL , Status,
- API Gateway: Support TenantID placeholder in Documentation and Endpoint URLS
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.27 Infor OS release for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.