September 24, 2018
This week marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
iPaaS (Infor ION & Infor ION API gateway)
- Connect: The File Connector now allows PGP encryption for files being written and PGP decryption for files being read by ION. The supported algorithm is RSA . PGP keys are managed in the ION Service configuration page.
For details on how to use PGP in File Connector, see the Infor ION Technology Connectors Administration Guide. For details on handling PGP Keys in ION Desk, see the Infor ION Desk User Guide.
Note: PGP encryption and decryption is available connection points using SFTP from the Infor cloud. It is not yet available for use with the Enterprise Connector.
- Connect: In an API Gateway connection point, you can now use current_date and current_datetime as request parameters.
- Connect: New operands are available in the join definition of an AnySQL model in a database connection point. For example, to check for null values, or whether a value starts or ends with a specific text.
- Connect: DSV (delimiter-separated values) formats such as CSV can now be used in File Connector, AWS S3 Connector† and IMS.
- Connect: By default, an IMS connection point now uses two parallel threads instead of one thread.
- Connect: One-way IMS is now available for applications on-premises through Enterprise Connector.†
- Connect: A label in the ION Service configuration page is changed from ‘Send e-mail if a connection point’s incoming pending messages queue reaches … messages’ to ‘Send e-mail if an incoming pending messages queue reaches … messages’. The reason is that this setting does not only apply to connection points but also to other queues, for example for event monitors or activation policies. For the same reason, the email subject of resulting email messages has also changed. The new email subject will be: “ION Warning: The queue for destination ‘…logical id of involved connection point or engine…’ has reached the warning level”.
- Mapper: Enhancements for sensitive data mappings:
- In a sensitive data mapping, you can now easily apply the same security policy on multiple elements. For details, see the Infor ION Desk User Guide.
- When a data element has security policy Data Masking or Data Removal, attributes of that element will be kept as is. In previous version, they were removed.
- Mapper: The usability of the version pane is better now:
- By default, more versions are shown in the left pane of the details page
- The username is truncated when it is too long and the full name is shown in a tooltip
- Mapper: Usability enhancement in Usage dialog: data lake flows are now indicated by a proper icon with tooltip
- Process: When defining the distribution for a business rule, the selection of users and groups from IFS is now similar to how it is done elsewhere in ION Desk. If the total number of users or groups retrieved from IFS is more than 100, you must search on a specific user name or group name to avoid too many search results.
- Process: The configuration of permissions and security roles for using business rules has been aligned to ION Desk. The permissions for editors and approvers can now be set in the Desk Permissions page. Two new profiles BusinessRulesEditor and BusinessRulesApprover are available by default, but you can create your own profiles as well. These permissions only allow users to see the Business Rules page. To be able to create and approve matrices, users must have one of the roles DECISIONSERVICE-Editor or DECISIONSERVICE-Approver.
- Process: In the Business Rules overview page, you can now use a data grid view in addition to the existing tiles view. Additionally, the selection controls in the page are aligned to other pages in ION Desk.
- Process: In the Business Rules page, you can now filter on Type and Status.
- OneView: You can now search for documents handled in a specific splitter activity. For details, see the Infor ION Desk User Guide.
- Homepage widgets: The error handled for drill-backs to task forms has improved. When the form cannot be opened, a specific error message containing the task ID is now displayed to explain the problem.
- Data Lake: A new Purge Data page is available in the Data Lake menu to delete data from the Data Lake. This allows you to reduce the storage space usage, or to clean up incorrect or irrelevant data that was accidentally sent to Data Lake.
- The look and feel of the Alarms mobile app is updated, making it more attractive and easy to use.
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.27 Infor OS for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.
* on-premise edition only
† cloud edition only