May 19, 2018
May 19th marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
iPaaS (Infor ION & Infor ION API gateway)
- Major UI Change!: The primary ION Desk menu has been rearranged and restyled. The menu now has fewer levels, making it easier to use. Additionally, the pages are grouped by functional area (such as Connect), rather than divided into Model and Manage. This makes it easier to find the page you need and to switch between modeling and management pages. The vertical spacing was reduced, which provides a better overview, and icons are added at the top level. New menu entries are available for Data Catalog (formerly known as Registry) and Data Lake. The following table shows the relation between the old and new menu entries:
Old menuNew menu
Home Home Model > Connect > … Connect > … Model > Monitors & Workflows > … Monitors & Workflows > … Manage > OneView OneView Manage > Connect > … Connect > … Manage > Monitors & Workflows > … Monitors & Workflows > … Manage > Activities Monitors & Workflows > Activities Manage > Alarms Monitors & Workflows > Alarms Manage > Archive > … Monitors & Workflows > Archive > … Settings > Configuration > …
(except Storage Policy)
Configuration > … Settings > Configuration > Storage Policy Data Lake > Storage Policies Settings > Registry > … Data Catalog > … Settings > Authorizations > … Authorizations > … Settings > Personal Data Configuration > Personal Data About ION About ION
The structure shown in the authorization pages (such as the Permissions page) matches the new menu structure.
- Desk: Usability enhancements for the Configuration > Personal Data page:
- The contents of readme.txt in the download are extended and clarified.
- The selection checkboxes are removed from the data grid because the download action applies to the full set of data.
- A refresh button is now available.
- Desk: The performance of the processing in the Configuration > Purge Data was improved.
- Connect: A new IMS (ION Messaging Service) variant is available: one-way IMS. This enables applications to publish messages to ION by calling the ION Messaging Service, without providing a service to be called by ION. Note that in this variant no discovery mechanism is available to automatically configure the application connection point. In this release, one-way IMS is available for the following scenarios:
- Applications in the Infor cloud can send messages directly connected to ION CE.
- Applications on-premises can send messages to ION CE via the ION API gateway.
- Connect: In case the remote application exposes its IMS service via an https port with an SSL certificate not signed by a trusted CA authority, import of the public key of that certificate is required at the ION side. From now on this import can be done directly in the Connection Point details page for the IMS connection point.
- Mapper: A new type of mapping is available, called sensitive data mapping. This enables you to easily mask or remove data from a document, in case the final destination of the document should not receive that data. For example, you can mask a credit card number as ‘9999-9999-9999-9999’ or remove an element that contains personal data such as a social security number.
- Mapper: Usability enhancements in the Mappings overview page:
- You can see whether a mapping is approved or in draft status.
- You can use a filter to only show approved mappings, draft mappings, or approved mappings having a new draft.
- You can use a filter based on mapping type: graphical mapping or sensitive data mapping.
- Mapper: Usability enhancements in the Mapping modeler:
- When searching in the source tree or target tree, up and down arrows are available to easily step through the search results.
- When you use a manually updated XSLT code, this code will be left intact when the metadata in the Data Catalog was changed.
- When you use a manually updated XSLT code, this code will be left intact if you change the source or target document while working on the first draft. So you can change the selected document(s) without losing the written XSLT.
- The compatibility with Internet Explorer is enhanced. Improvements are related to displaying buttons and scrollbars and selection of code in the editors. Note that Chrome on Windows and Safari on Mac OS are still the preferred browsers for editing mappings.
- When deleting a container in the function editor, the warning message is extended to clarify the consequences.
- Event Management: When configuring the advanced distribution for an alert, you can now reuse existing conditions from the monitor. You can select a condition of type Attribute Comparison or Attribute Value Comparison already defined for the attribute to check. Note that you cannot add new conditions to a monitor while it is active.
- Event Management & Workflow: When defining an event for escalation or reminder in the Edit Event Details pop-up, the due date that was configured for the alert or task is now shown in a tooltip. The tooltip is visible when hovering over the icon at the end of the event description text.
- Workflow: In a Set Parameter activity, you could use the value from a structure. However, when selecting such a value, it was not clear that you could also select a level node to select a filter for that level. The user interface is now enhanced by showing a caret icon to indicate that the level can be selected.
- Workflow: In an ION API activity, you can now use input parameters of type FORMDATA and input content type “application/x-www-form-urlencoded”. Note: input parameters of type FORMDATA and input content type “multipart/form-data” are not supported.
- Data Lake & API Gateway: In the ION API gateway, the Data Lake API is moved from the Infor Data Lake suite to the Infor ION suite, because the Data Lake is now embedded in Infor ION. Please note that the ION API suite for Infor Data Lake is deprecated and will be removed in Infor OS 12.0.27. For continued client access and development purposes, the Data Lake endpoint from the Infor IONsuite must be used. When invoking the Data Lake API, replace DATASERVICES/datalakeapi in the URL by IONSERVICES/datalakeapi.
- Data Lake: A new overview page is available in the Data Lake menu. The page shows the current usage of the storage space and a list of the most occurring data objects.
- Data Lake: The Storage Policy page was renamed to Storage Policies. You can now define multiple storage policies and link them to one or more specific data objects, based on their name. The original policy is now used as the default policy for all data objects that are not linked to a new policy.
- Data Lake: A new Restore page is available to make data objects accessible that were archived before.
- Widgets: The statistics widgets are renamed:
- ION Insight was renamed to Messages and Events
- ION Insight Hybrid was renamed to Messages Insight Hybrid
- ION by document was renamed to Messages by Document
- ION by connection was renamed to Messages by Connection
- ION Workflows was renamed to Workflow Status
- ION Tasks was renamed to Task Status
- ION Alerts was renamed to Alert Status.
The widgets are now available in multiple languages: de (German), en (English), es (Spanish), fr (French), it (Italian) , ja (Japanese), nl (Dutch), ru (Russian), sv (Swedish), zh-CN (Chinese Simplified) , zh-TW (Chinese Traditional), and pt (Portuguese Brazilian).
Additionally, they were upgraded to the latest widget platform technology.
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.24 release for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.