April 30, 2018
April 30th marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
User Experience Services (Infor Ming.le™ & Infor Document Management)
- Collaboration: Anyone is now able to comment on a Public post.
- Collaboration: User Detail API returns binary value to indicate use of default profile picture.
- Collaboration: A new API to show an out of office message to other users was added.
- Collaboration: A user-level setting to allow each user to explicitly choose the timezone, language, and locale settings was added.
- Collaboration: You can now narrrow down your search results by using a hash tag.
- Homepages: New Announcement widget allows Mingle Administrators to post public announcements.
- Homepages: An administrator can now configure if widgets that a user does not have permission to see should be displayed or hidden on a page. The configuration is done via the new “Display restricted widgets on a page” setting in Admin Tools. If set to true such widgets will be displayed with an unauthorized icon and message, if set to false such widgets will be hidden. This setting does not affect unavailable widgets.
- User settings
- Private pages
- Published pages
- Published widgetsHomepages: It is now possible to bulk delete Homepages data in the new Bulk Data Deletion Tool in Admin Tools. All data in the selected categories can be deleted:
The data in the selected categories is deleted for all users.
- Homepages: Added a new permission level for widgets: “Can Publish”. Users, groups or roles with the Can Publish permission can make changes to the publishing configuration and republish the widget.
- Homepages: A new UI has been implemented for widgets that a user do not have permission to see. The new UI features a new icon and a message informing the user that he/she is not authorized to see the widget.
- Homepages: It is now possible to translate links and folders in Menu Widget. The translations are added when adding or editing a link or a folder, and are included when exporting and importing widget content.
- Homepages: Regular widgets can now be repositioned to the banner area using drag-and-drop, and vice versa. Only banner enabled widgets can be dropped in the banner area, and only regular widgets, which are not banner only, can be dropped in the regular widget area. It is not possible to drop a widget when no banner or regular widgets exist.
- Homepages: It is now possible to search for content in the Menu Widget. This is useful when finding content in a Menu Widget with extensive amount of folders and links. The search bar is toggled via the Widget Menu or, if the Menu Widget is published, the Search icon in the widget header.
- Homepages: The Menu Widget now supports import of Ming.le Bookmarks. Simply export bookmarks in Ming.le, and import them in the Menu Widget.
- Homepages: It is now possible to add a link to the Image widget. The link is added when configuring the Image widget, and can be both an URL or a drillback. Clicking the image opens the configured link in a new browser tab (if external URL) and in the same browser tab (if drillback).
- Homepages: The widget manifest and sync info can now be retrieved for a standard widget. The detailed information is available via the “View Details” action, shown when selecting a standard widget in Standard Widgets in Admin Tools. The following information is available:
- Schema version
- Registry update date
- Sync date
- Homepages application version (at the time of deployment)
- Widget Manifest
- Homepages: The “Translate widget, page title and description” setting is now included in the Feature filter in Settings in Admin Tools.
- Homepages: Added the “Clear all” feature to Tags in Admin Tools. Clicking “Clear all” clears the applied filters, sort order and search queries.
- Homepages: It is now possible to select and deselect all switches in Export, Import and Bulk Delete in Admin Tools.
- Homepages: Added a hover effect to the cards in My Pages and Catalogs, to improve the visual feedback given to users when browsing for content.
- Homepages: The Used By count, which shows how many users are using a page, is now hidden for Mandatory Pages when browsing My Pages.
- Homepages: It is now possible to filter content using email when bulk importing or exporting via Admin Tools.
- Homepages: An administrator can now decide to enable or disable the animation shown when the page layout is loaded, by configuring the new “Enable Animation” setting in Admin Tools.
- Portal: We increased the number of screen ID associations displayed in the context and utility app screen from 15 to 250.
- Document Management: Updated look and feel of the IDM control center to match SoHo requirements and other OS components. Includes a menu redesign and reorganization of links.
- Document Management: IDM now returns an error code along with each error message so that when external parties use IDM they can differentiate the errors and provide more meaningful information to the end user.
- Document Management: New interface for adding Google Cloud Print as a service, managing the account credentials, and accepting a printer in the configuration tab
Security Services (IFS)
- Implemented pagination for UserName Look up in Service Accounts details page. Also Implemented pagination in Manager and Alternative Manager fields in User Details Page.
- Removed the word “Distribution” from Distribution Groups tab in user details page..
- Create user provisioning with roles between Xi Multi-Tenant with SCIM 2.0.◊
- Implemented new security role for ION Desk, IIH, and M3
- Added Factory Track permission groups to IFS Security Roles.
- Supported editability of group description.
- Created pop-up message when saving changes without any User/MasterData Type in “For sub-set of users” option.*
- Support of multiple Identity Providers for one tenant.*
iPaaS (Infor ION & Infor ION API gateway)
- ION API Gateway: Added Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) token for API calls that return a token.
- ION API Gateway: Added a mask to all Password/Secret fields in the JSON response.
- ION API Gateway: Support ION API Gateway widget titles to be changed.
- ION API Gateway: Implemented clearing of ION API Gateway cache when Infor non-provisioned or 3rd party deployment details are changed. This allows the change to take effect immediately instead of the waiting 5 minutes for cache to clear.
- ION API Gateway: Modified the text input for JWT Bearer Token private key, to include the \n line breaks as inserted by the user.
- ION API Gateway: Changed the default display of the Traffic Over Time widget to display the top 3 suites for the last 24 hours.
- ION API Gateway: Modified the downloaded IONAPI file for Authorized App of type Web, to include “ru” and the value from the Redirect URL.
- ION API Gateway: Added API suite for Docusign.
- ION API Gateway: Added an option to reindex API Suite metadata at the suite level.
- ION API Gateway: Implemented Infor Business Context messages to Ming.le Portal from all Admin screens.
- ION API Gateway: Added validation all items of unsaved data when a user navigates away from the Add API flow.
- ION Connect & Workflow: For GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), a new feature is available to delete personal data from ION. The new page is Settings > Configuration > Personal Data. This page is only visible if you have a role that has permission for that page.
- ION Connect: The SQL Server 2017 version is now supported for ION. You can for example use inbox/outbox tables from a SQL Server 2017 database.
- ION Conenct: For on-premises applications, a new IMS variant is available: one-way IMS. This enables applications to publish messages to ION by calling the ION Messaging Service, without providing a service to be called by ION. Note that in this variant no discovery mechanism is available to automatically configure the application connection point.◊
- ION Connect: When using a database connection point using AnySQL models for an Oracle database, you can now specify the schema property.
- ION Connect: The ION API connection point has been enhanced to allow conversion of documents. You can now:
- Convert an incoming BOD into a JSON request or convert an incoming JSON document into an XML request
- Convert the API response from JSON or XML or to a custom BOD
- Send input document ‘as is’ inside body parameter to the API request.
- Use the API response ‘as is’ to pass it on to the next step in the document flow.
- ION Connect: In ION API connection points, some labels and fields have been changed to increase usability:
- The Document to Receive tab is renamed to Input Document
- The Document to Send tab is renamed to Output Document
- Accordingly, in the Input Body tab, Map incoming document… is renamed to Map input document…
- Tooltips are added to explain the meaning of fields
- The sequence of the scenarios is changed to: Get from API – Send to API – Trigger API.
- ION Mapper: Usability enhancements in mappings:
- When a mapping was imported and opened that refers to a global user-defined function, but that function does not exist in the environment, the global user-defined function is converted to a normal user-defined function, so the mapping can be used successfully.
- The cross icon is removed from some pop-ups, to align with new user interface standards and to avoid ambiguous behaviour.
- ION Decision Services: The following data types are now supported in Decision Service: CODE, HYPERLINK, USER and GROUP. These data types were already supported in workflows.
- ION Decision Services: You can now convert a decision matrix that was created inside a workflow to an external decision matrix in the Decision Service.
- ION OneView & Data Lake: Data that is available in OneView can now be made public in the Data Lake. This allows you to have your historical data available for analytics, for example.*
- ION OneView and Data Lake: Archiving has been enhanced. Previously, public Data Lake data was only archived if it was coming from a data lake flow without being processed in a ‘normal’ document flow. In this release, the archiving is also in place for data objects that were processed in both data lake flows and document flows.*
- ION Data Lake: An API to purge (delete) Data Lake contents is available. It is accessable through the ION API Gateway as part of the Infor ION suite*
A similar set of features is available in the 12.0.22 and 12.0.23 release for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.
* = only available in the cloud edition
◊ = only available on-premises