March 8, 2018
March 8th marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
iPaaS (Infor ION & Infor ION API gateway)
- ION Connect: A new API step is available in Document Flow. This allows a Rest API from the ION API Gateway to be called from a Document Flow.
- ION Connect: The File Connector is extended with support for SMB version 2. This allows you to connect to shared folders with newer, more secure protocol. The SMB v2 protocol is set as default for all new connections. Note: Because of known security issues with SMB v1, it is highly recommended to use the SMB v2 protocol.
- ION Connect: When showing the usage of a connection point from the Connection Point page or the Active Connection Point, icons are displayed to indicate types of the document flows (data lake flow versus normal document flow).
- ION Connect: When modeling a connection point from the Connection Point page or reviewing the Active Connection Points, the scenarios icons (file, database, business and web service) have been restyled to match the latest API scenarios.
- Mapper: In the XSLT Editing tab, you can now compare the current mapping to another version of the same mapping, or to another XSLT.
- Mapper: When refreshing the source or target tree, the dialog that shows the differences now allows you to download these differences in comma-separated format. This makes it easier to review and analyse in case of many changes.
- Mapper: Until now, if you import or migrate a mapping from version 11.1, it would be a special type of mapping that would not allow versioning or approval. This is changed now, so such mappings will allow the creating of new versions.
- Mapper: In default values or constant values of a mapping you can now include characters that are not allowed for XML, such as ‘&’ or ‘<‘. The mapper will take care that they are replaced by the corresponding escape text such as ‘&’ or ‘>’.
- Mapper: Until now, formatting the XSLT code could result in changing the code. For example, “<a></a>” was changed to “<a/>”. This is resolved now, so the formatting will solely format the XSLT.
- Data Catalog: For on-premise users, the latest version of the BOD metadata (2.13.6) is included when doing a fresh installation of Infor OS. Until now, version 2.12.0 was installed. For existing installations, retrieve the latest metadata from Infor Xtreme (KB 1619540).
- API Gateway: Some of the ION Process functionality is exposed in the ION services suite in two new endpoints: process/application and process/user. These contain APIs to list active workflow definitions and to manipulate a task identified by its ID. Full Open API Specification (ie. Swagger) documentation is available in the Gateway.
- Event Management: When building conditions for an event monitor, the dialog window can now be resized to optimally use the available space.
- Administrative UI: The usability of the Workflow authorizations page was enhanced by restyling the page using a grid view.
- OneView: Downloading a large document from OneView may take a lot of time. For that reason two usability enhancements are introduced:
- When displaying the content in the dialog, a message is displayed if it is too large to quickly display it; in that case, you can download it instead.
- When the content is larger than the recommended 5 MB, you are warned on beforehand when trying to download it and can confirm or cancel the action.
- OneView: When viewing a OneView timeline, you can now zoom to get a better view of the full timeline.
A similar set of features is available in the 12.0.21 release for on-premise customers.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.