January 25, 2015
By Armando Aspiras
Just a quick blog post to remind customers who are installing Infor Lawson System Foundation on Microsoft Windows that there are some important steps to remember regarding UNIX command utilities. The Infor Lawson UNIX Utilities is designed as a replacement for MKS Toolkit. The Infor Lawson UNIX Utilities is a set of utilities that allow Infor Lawson System Foundation and related applications to run some UNIX commands on the Microsoft Windows Server operating system platform.
There are two setup options to choose when installing Infor Lawson UNIX utilities:
- ILUU + SUA (works with Windows 2008 SP2 (64-bit), Windows 2008 R2(64-bit))
Run perl luusetup.pl PathToLUU
- ILUU + CYGWIN (works with Windows 2008 SP2 (64-bit), Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit), WINDOWS Server 2012 Standard, WINDOWS Server 2012 R2 Standard)
Run perl luusetup.pl -c PathToILUU
PathToILUU is the directory where you want to install ILUU
NOTE: Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) is deprecated beginning with the following releases. (WINDOWS Server 2012 Standard, WINDOWS Server 2012 R2 Standard).
This means that the ILUU + SUA option is for Windows Server 2008 operating system only.
The following are some reminders before ILUU installation takes place:
1. Uninstall MKS Toolkit if any prior to ILUU installation.
2. Install Microsoft SUA (for ILUU-SUA setup)
3. Install Cygwin (for ILUU-Cygwin setup)
4. Uninstall the existing version of Infor Lawson UNIX Utilities if any.
5. Infor Lawson System Foundation on Windows Server 2012 must use the ILUU-Cygwin setup
6. Migrating from ILUU-SUA Setup to ILUU-Cygwin Setup only applies with Windows Server 2008 operating system only.
You must install ILUU either using Microsoft SUA or Cygwin before you install Infor Lawson Core Technology.
Follow the ILUU install guide to install Infor Lawson UNIX Utilities. It can be found on Infor Xtreme along with all the other latest installation information.