January 11, 2015
By Delmar Dehn
Infor Lawson System Foundation 10.0.6.0 was released in October 2014 and it contains many noteworthy new enhancements that will interest our blog readers. Here is a quick rundown of what you will find in this release:
Encryption during installation is now supported.
Infor has improved the security of configuration data by encrypting any passwords and other sensitive information managed by the installation program. An important consequence of this change is that the user performing an installation (or subsequent update or patch) must define and remember a passkey.
IBMi v7r2 is now supported.
IBM v7r2 is now supported. This is useful for those customers wanting to update their application server operating system.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 is now supported.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 is now supported. This is useful for those customers wanting to update their application server operating system.
Solaris 11 is now supported.
Solaris 11 is now supported. This is useful for those customers wanting to update their application server operating system.
Oracle 12c database is now supported.
Infor Lawson System Foundation 10.0.6.0 supports Oracle 12c as one of its database platforms.
The jobprmrpt utility has been enhanced.
The Job Parameter Report utility has been enhanced so that you can create separate reports for each user’s jobs. This feature allows job administrators to more easily view and sort the job parameter information by user.
Infor Lawson Smart Reports features.
Infor Lawson Smart Reports has been enhanced with the following features:
- Infor Lawson Smart Reports now supports all kinds of reports: Batch, Online and Report Writer.
- Added the parameter.suppress.generate.blank property to the reportsettings.prefs configuration file, which works with the existing parameter.suppress property. If the report only contains the job submission parameter page and that page was suppressed, users now have the option not to generate a report.
- For more information see the LSR Designer features: Infor Lawson Smart Reports Designer User Guide; Infor Lawson Smart Reports Installation Guide, and Administrator features: Infor Lawson Administration: Jobs and Reports.
Build Migration List tool in Lawson for Ming.le.
The “Build Migration List” tool enables the administrator to generate a list of commands to make migrating of custom content easier.
Migrate Custom Content tool in Lawson for Ming.le
The “Migrate Custom Content” tool allows the administrator to perform the following functions:
- This tool analyzes scripts and forms located in the Lawson directory and reports if the files are in valid format or have potential issues.
- This tool lets the administrator migrate forms located in the Lawson directory to the current requirements of LSF, a backup file is also created in case the administrator chooses to revert to the old custom content setting.
Custom Button Order feature in Infor Lawson Design Studio
The new option in Infor Lawson Design Studio allows user to display the action button in the same order as shown in Assigned actions list of “More Document Properties” dialog window.
More information on each of these features is available on Infor Xtreme or in the Infor Lawson System Foundation 10.0.6.0 Release Notes.