March 3, 2014
By Don Peterson
Infor Smart Office version 10.1.2 was released on Thursday, February 20, 2014. This release features fixes as well as some product enhancements as detailed below. You may obtain a copy of the complete Release Notes document via the product download page on the InforXtreme website.
Here is a summary of features for Lawson customers:
- Infor Ming.letm in Infor Smart Office – Ming.le is now available in Infor Smart Office. With this feature, it is possible to launch Infor Ming.letm standalone in the web browser control. A user can now open and work with the different Infor Ming.letm views and functionalities. Applications and specific records in Infor Smart Office will be opened via the drillback links. In this release, the Infor Ming.letm enablement in Infor Smart Office has some functionality restrictions:
- Not possible to share information directly from an application in Infor Smart Office to Infor Ming.letm
- Not possible to open drillback links to applications that do not exist in Infor Smart Office
- Not possible to upload attachments to Post or Comments in Infor Ming.letm
- Not possible to upload a user profile image in Infor Ming.letm
IE rendering modes in web browser emulation
- A new user setting has been added for Internet explorer web browser control emulation mode. The default value is currently blank which means no emulation mode is set unless changed by an administrator or user.
Change to Mashup Designer
- FormPanel: Mashups can now retrieve custom element values as well as standard field values. The form can now be personalized to have a hidden textbox or label and the result of some script action such as data lookup can be stored as the value of the custom element.
Change to Link Manager
- It is now possible to configure a web link in the link manager that will open in the default external browser instead of being launched internally in Smart Office.
Feature Updates for Lawson Applications
- Changes to Lawson Personalization Manager – Hotkey Files have been added to the Other tab of the Lawson Personalization Manager to allow administrators to view, delete, and copy user hotkey files.
- Changes to Advanced tab in User Settings – A new user setting, “Deselect list items on successful action”, has been added to the Advanced tab and will default to true to mimic the current behavior. Unchecking this option will allow selected items to remain selected on list driven forms and Jobs lists.
Infor Lawson forms general enhancements – The following enhancements have been made to Lawson forms:
- New hot key added: Crtrl+F12 for submitting a job. This hotkey applies to standard Submit action or Quick Submit action, depending on the user’s toolbar button setting.
- A new personalization setting, “Allow Administrator personalization only”, is added to the Form Properties dialog to lock down form views from personalization by users.
- New hotkey added: Shift+F6 to position focus in the Toolbox
- It is now possible to tab through the toolbox shortcuts and set focus appropriately via Show/Hide hotkey (Ctrl+Shift+F7).
- Table name has been added to the field information of List Driven forms and standard forms. On any standard form, set focus to any field and press the Field Info hotkey (Ctrl+Shift+O) and the table name is listed under the data name.
- The F8 form transfer feature, previously available on standard forms, is now available for all the list windows, including list driven forms and Jobs and Reports list. The feature is also enhanced to allow users to open a Drill Select window to find the token desired or to select from a drop down through all other Lawson Smart Office applications.
Changes to Infor Lawson Jobs and Reports – The following enhancements have been made to Jobs and Reports:
- A Find option has been added to the Report Viewer allowing one to search for the specified text in the report content.
- A new user setting is available – default report find option, which is either search loaded content or load content as necessary to continue search. The default option can be overridden in the report viewer with each search request.
- An Insert button has been added to the Job Wizard list.
- It is now possible to define a custom sort order for all of the Lawson list views via Custom Sort in Actions menu item.
Infor Lawson Data Area Widget
- A new Infor Lawson Data Area Widget has been added to the Widget Library. This function can display the current Infor Lawson Product Line or Data Area.
New Scripting Method for Infor Lawson Applications
- IForm method: MoveDetailControl – Moves detail areas