November 12, 2012
By Pete Narloch
By following a few simple steps, Infor ViewPoint can be easily installed into the Infor Smart Office environment. If you are a user of Infor Lawson BI then you have access to the ViewPoint product. Note that this blog entry is intended to provide a visual look at installing ViewPoint and not intended to be a replacement for using our ViewPoint Installation Documentation. Our documentation always has the last word but the visual learners out there may benefit from this brief walkthrough of a ViewPoint Installation.
Look for future blog entries on the topics of loading a sample ViewPoint space and view, and setup setting up a ViewPoint standalone instance.
• A tool for designing highly interactive, visually rich dashboards and analytical applications
• Views are deployable via a browser or in Infor Smart Office
• The foundation for packaged industry analytics
Benefits of using ViewPoint
• Users can personalize the dashboards through filters, conditional styling, and visualization choices
• Self Service oriented
• Comments, attachments, discussions provide qualitative and subjective context around business performance for better, faster decision making.